Identity Access Management
Identity management (IdM), also known as identity and access management (IAM or IdAM), is a framework of policies and technologies that guarantees appropriate access of technology resources to only the authorized people in an enterprise.
In today’s digitally-powered ecosystems, Identity and Access Management solutions have become critical to upholding strict security standards and meet the rigorous and complex regulatory compliance requirements.
Identity management (ID management) is the organizational process for identifying, authenticating and authorizing individuals or groups of people to have access to applications, systems or networks by associating user rights and restrictions with established identities.
Identity management (IdM) is the task of controlling information about users on computers. Amongst many other details, it includes:
- Data that authenticate the identity of users
- Information that describes the data users are authorized to access
- Instructions that describe the actions users are allowed to perform
- Management of descriptive information about the user and how and by whom that information can be accessed and modified
- In addition to users, managed entities typically include hardware and network resources and even applications